in

Dot Net Mafia

Group site for developer blogs dealing with (usually) .NET, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, Office 365, SharePoint Online, and other Microsoft products, as well as some discussion of general programming related concepts.

This Blog

Syndication

Archives

Corey Roth [MVP]

A SharePoint MVP bringing you the latest time saving tips for SharePoint 2013, Office 365 / SharePoint Online and Visual Studio 2013.

File not found error on AllItems.apsx list pages using KWizCom web parts

Recently, a client of mine acquired some KWizCom web parts.  I installed them and they seemed to work fine.  However, during the configuration, we ended up building a new web application or two.  On these web applications, I started to notice that we were receiving File not found errors whenever you went to AllItems.aspx on any list page (i.e.: Shared Documents, Web Part Gallery, Solution gallery, etc).  I immediately thought it was an issue with how I was applying custom branding but that turned out to not be the case.  Ultimately, I started seeing this issue on brand new web applications and site collections and I knew something had to be up.  Whenever I visited one of these pages that had the issue I got the following error.

File Not Found. 

FileNotFoundError

When this occurs you can view the Web Parts Maintenance Page but it is of no help obviously.  Ultimately, I queried the ULS log using Get-SPLog using tips I picked up from Wictor.  Be sure and use the –StartTime parameter to limit the scope of the query.  It will return something much faster.  Just paste your Correlation ID in the script and you are good to go.

Get-SPLogEvent -StartTime (Get-Date).AddMinutes(-5) | ?{$_.Correlation -eq "74adb0a7-655a-473b-9afa-5cc9edcc1aed"} | ft Category, Message –AutoSize

After the script executed, the culprit finally stood out.

kWizComFail

There from the snippet, you see mention of KWizCom.  Now it is all making sense. In this case, we had some of the web parts that do various things to lists.  As my first attempt at a solution, I redeployed all of the KWizCom solution packages.  That still didn’t help though.  I then tried activating all of the site collection features from KWizCom to see if that made a difference and that didn’t work either. Finally, I just retracted all of the solution packages and my lists started working again.  I haven’t yet redeployed the solution packages, but I suspect they should probably work, but it makes me leery.  This was killing brand new web applications.  When I try it again, I’ll update the post.

Comments

 

SharePoint Powershell for the ULS Log « Sladescross's Blog said:

Pingback from  SharePoint Powershell for the ULS Log « Sladescross's Blog

April 24, 2012 3:30 AM

Leave a Comment

(required)  
(optional)
(required)  
Add

About CoreyRoth

Corey Roth is an independent SharePoint consultant specializing in ECM, Apps, and Search.
2015 dotnetmafia.
Powered by Community Server (Non-Commercial Edition), by Telligent Systems