I’ve seen quite a few posts in the forums about people wanting to not search the contents of documents. These people for whatever reason were interested in just the title and path being searched. Out of the box, this of course is not possible, but I got to thinking about how this functionality could be quite easily added to Wildcard Search. With Release 5, I added a new property called DisableFullTextSearch. Selecting this box, will cause the web part to only search the Title and Url fields. It seems to work great. I also fixed a few minor issues with default values in the web part in a few places. If you don’t need this functionality, you can stay on your existing version.
I also took a look at the download numbers for all of the releases. Here is where it stands as of today.
|Version ||Downloads |
|Release 4 ||439 |
|Release 3 ||1586 |
|Release 2 ||397 |
|Release 1 ||664 |
Not huge numbers, but I would say that is pretty decent for a SharePoint web part. Of course I have no way of knowing how many people are truly using it, but I would like to this that this web part is really helping people out. Although it doesn’t have all of the functionality that a commercial product does, it gets the job done and doesn’t cost the community anything to use. This functionality should have been included to begin with which is why I am happy to give it to the community for their use. Hope this release is useful to you and thanks for the continuing feedback.
Wildcard Search Release 5